Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Mobility

Guys.

Guys guys guys guys guys.

Guys!

I use guys as a gender neutral pronoun.  Sorry, it's a Midwest thing.  I should be using y'all.

Y'ALL!

I got my trailer!

I need to rake my driveway

This was taken in my driveway.  It's here!  I HAVE A TRAILER OF MY OWN!

 Not the Behemoth, but the same size truck that I'll be using

You have to understand, my entire life I've had to beg or hitch rides or go where the barn is going.  For the first time, I can go where I want when I want!

I am too excited to breathe properly.  I need a paper bag.

It's a 2008 Sundowner Sunlite 777.  Two horse straight load goose neck with the side ramp and escape door on the driver's side. Yes, I know about the frame/floor issues in Sundowner's with a steel frame from 1999 - 2008.  This trailer is already 9 years old with zero rust and was produced after the issues were resolved.  Little known fact, Trainer A's dad is a mechanic so I'll have an expert to help me keep on top of any potential rust issues.

I got it from Theo's massage therapist and it has about 1k miles on it total.  It still has that new trailer smell.

So much space

It's warmblood size and very roomy.  I love the fact it doesn't have a seperate dressing room because that takes 3 feet off of the total length and gives Theo so much head room he won't know what to do.  I still have a whole goose neck for storage and enough room to stroll around in front of the hay bags.  My saddle will probably ride in the back seat of the Behemoth to prevent any possible scratches, but that's the only concession.  It came with a camera to watch mi papi and to back up without running over anything!

There's a bar to keep things from sliding out of the goose neck part, very nifty

I've shown out of trailers with this lay out and they're breezy in summer.  I don't trash my joints jumping in and out of the trailer.  Storage space won't be an issue.  With a nervous horse, I can just walk them out the side ramp.  Theo will have to back out because I'm not pulling down his hay bag every time I unload.

So now I the easy part is done.  I own a trailer and a truck.  Now comes the hard part.  I have to drive the damn things around.  And I have a lesson on the 21st.  Brace yourselves, my blog is about to veer off from trying to dressage and will enter the land of trying to trailer.  After my show tomorrow, of course.

I like to keep things interesting.

I HAVE A TRAILER!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. YAY! There's nothing like the feeling of having your own wheels. Learning to drive it can be interesting. When i first got mine I would take it to empty parking lots and practice backing it up and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha there is a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to drive a trailer, but honestly I find hauling a gooseneck much easier than hauling a straight load! They're also much easier to get into/out of tight places. Super nice trailer, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy so much congrats! I also have a Sundowner and love it! Welcome to the trailer owning club!! -Kelly @hunkyhanoverian.com

    ReplyDelete