Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rafters

Excessive enthusiasm is a pain.


But hey, I can't complain.  She did a 3/4 stride bending line today.  Three strides the first time when she was surprised by the second fence and left long, four strides when I did a better job telling her to whoa, damn it.

As her confidence returns, I find myself going back to the old battle of informing my mare that bolting about while jumping is just not acceptable.  This time I intend to take my time and really rebuild these basics.  No competitions until April at the earliest and we already know she's got Novice in her, so there's no reason to go higher than two foot until she's got the basics relearned.

Hunter pony?  Never.  But we can still aim for consistently not terrifying anyone.  And leaving me out of the rafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment