Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

The weather is ridiculous.  Yesterday I rode in reasonable November temperatures.  It was a bit chilly at 9am when I showed up for my lesson, but 30* is fine for a ride.  I had a jumping lesson (which I'll discuss in a non-Thanksgiving post).

This morning, for my 5k?  8* when I got in the car.  Single digits.  I don't even have words.  But I do have a funny picture of me just before my race.


My dad said I look like Gredo from Star Wars.  I'm annoyed that I agree with him.  The race was slow and careful as my first run since I took some time off.  It was fun to run with friends without any pressure or pain.  I think I'm ready to get back to the running thing, but this time at reasonable distances.  Which says a lot about my new frame of mind when I think three miles is a reasonable distance.

After my run it was time for Thanksgiving festivities.


Adulting with the best of them.  Now I'm doing the early Black Friday sales online.  I'll be up until 2am to try to nab a 50% off Equisense motion pack.  Time zones are rough.

So what am I thankful for this year?  Lots of stuff.  I'm thankful for an awesome pony that keeps me coming back to the barn, even when it's freaking cold out.


I'm thankful for a husband that lets me steal his sweaters when I realize they match my breeches perfectly.  You can't see it in the photo, but there's purple trim on the sweater and on my breeches.  They completed my h/j flashback look.  He also does things like turn my trailer around in the driveway.  So very thankful.

I'm thankful that we had fun this year, that we got to run around with friends and have all new experiences.  I'm thankful for many things that have nothing to do with horses and yet allow me to enjoy my time with Theo.

2018 was pretty freaking awesome and I'm thankful that I've got the joy back.

2 comments:

  1. I love riding during the thanksgiving weekend! (sad I didn't get to this year!) Happy belated thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete