Friday, January 25, 2019

Together again

I got to go to the barn!

It's sad that just putting on my breeches was the highlight of my week.  And then I got to pull into the barn parking lot and that was a new highlight.  And then my pony saw me, whinnied, and hustled up for his cookie.  Definite highlight.


Good gravy he's fluffy this time of year.

I needed to take pictures of my western saddle so I could post it for sale.  I'm lazy, so I tossed it on.  It also meant I could ride in my winter boots.  Double score.


Hopefully it will sell and I'll be able to combine that with a bonus from work for my new saddle.  I was all set on my DP Variofit but then I stumbled on the Harmony western dressage saddle and it looks very promising.  I think I'll have their demo saddle sent up for a trial.  If it fits, I'll order up one of my own.  It's a very pretty saddle with lots of options.


I hate saddle shopping so much. 

Lost time doesn't seem to have affected my fluffy friend too much.  The sass monster is still lurking, but he's keeping it in check.  I appreciate that.  I've got one more work trip and a break out of super cold weather coming up that will disrupt things again, but I'm hopeful he won't lose too much fitness and we'll careen into March ready to break out of the indoor.


1 comment: