Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Getting our groove on

I'm not very good at making commitments.  I waffle and fuss and debate for a long time.  I'd set my sights on some Latin tango music for my freestyle but it wasn't something that completely blew my mind.  I liked it, it suited Theo, but I wasn't sold.  But if I'm going to use a freestyle in June, I darn well need to get in the queue to have my choreography done.  I logged into Musikur to request an invoice and lock in my music choice.  Because I'm me, I skimmed through the music.  Hmm, a new section called Vocal?  What's that all about?

Guys, I have my freestyle music.

The trot music:


The canter music:


I can't actually identify my walk music.  The whole thing can be heard here under the Feel It Still music.  I really fell in love with the canter music.
'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey
I'm on top of the world, 'ey
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I've been waiting to smile, 'ey
Been holding it in for a while, 'ey
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world
Yeah, I want that for my freestyle music.

I've picked my music and I'm paying for the choreography to be written up made to order.  I don't want to stress over this.  Maybe for Second Level I'll write my own.  For this one, I just want it to be done for me.

I've sent a Youtube video of Theo doing First 3 to the lady that will be writing my choreography.  It's out of date but his speed hasn't changed much.  He looks much more correct now, but he covers the diagonal in the same amount of time.  My next step is to fill out a questionnaire about how I want to present my horse.  Show off the counter canter and circles, hide the lengthens, don't leg yield off the wall.

I'll keep things updated here as the process progresses.  I'll be getting diagrams of my freestyle and a copy of the music with audio cues to help me practice.  Then I just need to wait for the spring thaw so I can set up the large arena.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment