Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today was better than yesterday

And tomorrow will be better than today.

We had our jump-critique-jump today. It wasn't smooth. It wasn't pretty. But it does qualify as progress.




So how do I feel about this? I'm still working on that. She's not an easy ride. She's never really been an easy ride. On the one hand, I'm relieved I bought her because I suspect she would unnerve a lot of people. On the other hand, I often think she needs a better rider than me. But she's stuck with me, and I'm stuck with her. As a friend said after my ride, today was better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today. And she's right.

The trip to Aiken is back on. A week in the sun might help with some of her mental meltdowns. We shall see. But I think I'm proud of her for her work today. We've asked for a long, and she did give it her best effort. Tomorrow is a dressage lesson, then it's all about packing and getting ready to go on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment