Sunday, January 31, 2016

What's this?

What's this? What's this?
There's dead grass everywhere
What's this?
I'm comfortable in the air
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be dreaming
Wake up, Catie, this isn't fair
What's this?
What's this? What's this?
There's something very wrong
What's this?
These people are still warm
What's this?
The streets aren't lined with
heaps of snow and
Everybody seems so happy
Have I possibly gone daffy?
What is this? 


So it seems I brought the warmth from Florida back with me.  Today was 52 degrees.  That's a full 22 degrees over the average.  I was out and about with no jacket and it was simply amazing. The next person that tells me global warming isn't a thing is getting kicked in the knee caps.  Of course, that results in a lot of mud.  Theo approved.


It's sad when I spend as much time brushing his blanket as I spend brushing him. How did he get his coat so muddy with a blanket and a neck rug?  This pony has mad skills.  Grooming and tacking took a solid hour.  Why no, I didn't spend a good 15 minutes cuddling and bonding with him after coming back, why do you ask? 

Okay, we were ridiculous.  I think he was actually happy to see me.  There were many ear rubs and head bumps and cuddles.  He was less amused by his return to actually going forward, but judging by some of the canter lengthens he gave me, he missed how it felt to really stretch out.  His neck made all sorts of noises during his stretches.  After our ride, he was a little bowl of cuddly jello.  I got to turn him out naked to sun bathe and have some nude rolling.  The ladies closing the barn volunteered to put his turn out sheet back on when he got his dinner.  My barn rocks.

This whole week is supposed to be warm.  We went for a wander down the road to check the state of the trails.  It looks like we can go for a short trail ride tomorrow.  It will be good for Theo's ring sour state.  With any luck, we can actually go out for a hard canter before the cold returns. 

Our soccer ball also arrived.  Perhaps a round of learning how to push a ball through some standards will help him feel better about winter.  Assuming this even counts as winter.  Seriously.

WHAT IS THIS?!

2 comments:

  1. i'm definitely 100% OK with these warmer temperatures - in fact i want MOAR to melt away the rest of our snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah not fair. Y'all don't get to have one snow storm and then call it quits on winter.

    ReplyDelete