Huh. So that's a thing.
For the next two weeks, I have no plans and basically no work. It's probably for the best that I don't own Theo yet or he'd be seeing far too much of me. I'm going to be bored. The hubby and I don't usually do much for the holidays, our families live over a thousand miles away. What the heck am I going to do?
It's a weird problem to have. So here's where I'm currently at for holiday break plans:
1. Catch up on my horse laundry because omg. Winter isn't as bad as summer but Theo is still a sweat ball.
2. Clean the horse stuff out of the back of my car because omgwtf. I needed to load up chicken feed today and couldn't get anything in the back because blankets and pads and random gear was everywhere.
3. Clean out my locker at the barn because omgwtfbbq. Seriously, it's like there's an abyss in the back that swallows polos, then spits them back out at random when I'm trying to close the door. People are staring when I open it. It's bad.
4. Pull Theo's mane. Having a neck rug on keeps it looking flat and tame, but I actually ran my fingers through it and it's getting ridiculous. I need to stay on top of it or I'll pay for it this spring. I need to fix where I pulled it wrong and got it too short. I need it longer but still as thin. Not a challenge or anything.
5. Get the chicken coops prepped in case winter ever shows up. The duck hut needs to be completely scraped out since the hubby built a new one. I've been putting it off.
6. Cook extra food and freeze it so I have ready to eat meals on hand. My fast food addiction is proving challenging to break.
It's not exactly the most exciting set of holiday plans, but I'm looking forward to it. It won't be one of those vacations I need to recover from. If nothing else, I'll get to sleep in a lot.